Saturday, October 3, 2009

Canon G2



Year 2000 - The technology moved along quickly, soon 4MP was now cutting edge, and digital cameras were beginning to be taken more seriously, though I was still one of the few guys out using one. At each point I was waiting for the camera that made a major step forward in quality.

Digital SLR's were still way above the consumer price range so we had to be content with what the that market had to offer and they were still very expensive. The Canon G2 was the next serious development and I used this camera happily for 8 years. It was bigger and heavier and felt like a serious camera, but still small enough to take everywhere. Its greatest quality was the F2 lens that allowed low light shooting almost anywhere without flash.

My artwork was now reaching a certain level and it was finally time to look for more pixels so I could do some enlargements. DSLR's were now improving and becoming affordable. I was just waiting for the right model features and price point.

No comments:

Post a Comment